Be sure to read all the papers in your assigned reading
groups no later than Saturday evening so that your group can get to work on
their rewrites and keep submitting to the group for suggestions. Tom, Brian
and Diane will read each first draft once and then you need to rely on each
What should you look for in the papers you are reading?
- a clearly stated thesis in the thesis paragraph (paraagraph
- explanations of terms or phrases which are unclear
in the thesis
- logical transitions to each paragraph showing how
the reader should get to the next paragraph and why. How does this next paragraph
tie in to the thesis (RELATE OR REMOVE)
- Quotes or supporting evidence with correct citation
- Lead ins to quotes showing the reader who is speaking
and in what context
- Explications of quotes: an explanation of what the
quote is actually saying and how it relates to the point of the
paragraph and to the thesis.
- At least one paragraph for each book mentioned in
- At least one paragraph summing up the proof you have
given and reasserting how you have proven the thesis you stated in paragraph
- Correct spelling and punctuation throughout the paper
Look at the way Tom, Diane and Brian have put their comments
in papers if you need a model. Your comments will be of great help to your group.
And they are REQUIRED.