Study Questions for
- Please explain in your own words what you understand
to be the most important elements in the first paragraph of The
- Pick one other provision in The Nuremberg
Code that seems important or interesting to you and explain
what you understand it to mean.
- What do you understand the third paragraph
in the Preamble of the UDHR to mean?
- In the final paragraph of the Preamble,
what do you think the UDHR is calling on Member States to do?
- What measures
did WHO/CIOMS take to insure as much international input into these Guidelines as possible?
- The Introduction to the WHO/CIOMS Guidelines refers
to two viewpoints about ethical principles, the universalist and
do you understand this difference to be?
position does this Guidelines document say it takes on
- This Guidelines document refers to three “General
Ethical Principles” (in
a section by that title). Explain briefly what you understand
each of those priniciples to mean.
- The last sentence in Guideline 1 refers to the importance
of well designed research. Please explain what you understand this sentence
to be saying.
- In Guideline 7, why do you suppose some inducements
to participate are considered “undue
inducement?” What do you understand “undue inducement” to
- Guideline 9 refers to “individuals who are
not capable of giving informed consent.” What might be some
examples of people you think this is referring to?