1. What is meant by 'zigzagging' (pg 55)? Do you consider
it to be ethically moral behavior?
2. Is Dr. Brodus right when he says on page 55: "they
3. The study participants were offered "free doctoring." In your
judgment, what were some of the ways that this promise was met and not me
(a question of treatment vs. research).
4. The study paid the subjects $50 for a coffin and burial
a. Did that seem fair to you? Why or why not?
b. If the study had been done exactly the same way
it was actually done, but the payment to subjects had been $100,000, would
that have seemed fair to you?
5. The study asks a basic research question : is the
rate and progression of syphilis in the Black male the same as that for the
White male. Is that a legitimate scientific question?